Stitching fabric refers to a kind of non-crimp directionally orientated structure fabric made by advanced warp-knitting technology, which stitches the multilayer parallel long fiber along Z direction. A new-style resin matrix composite that is reinforced by stitching fabric has a giant developing potential in structure and performance, which represents the developing trend of composite structure. Thus, stitching composites are extensively applied to various civil fields such as ship and boats buildings, wind power, automobiles, pipelines, chemical container. Stitching fabrics have become the mainstream materials used in wind turbine blades, high performance boats, and building construction. The technical research institute has formed various series of products.
Stitching fabric holds following advantages compared with traditional fabric:
(1) The fabric can obviously increase the composite mechanical performance because of the parallel non-crimp yarns;
(2) The fabric can improve the composite products fatigue resistance and prolong the composite service life;
(3) The fabric can obviously enhance composite damage tolerance and improve the composite component reliability;
(4) Since mix knitting fabrics of different fibers can be realized, they provide the composite with better mechanical properties design ability, the reinforced composite can bear stronger shear and shock.
(5) The fabric possesses good properties of material impregnation, fibers orientation, and lay-up process ability, and can improve the production efficiency.